I am completely obsessed with this hair trend: the half up top knot (which I have to give credit to my best friend for introducing it to me, thanks @raythomp). I must admit I was very impartial to this hair style when it first debuted in Vegas for my friend's 21st. We were on our way to lavish brunch when I noticed my best friend was wearing her hair in a messy baby bun on the top of her head... so naturally I was confused.
So, I dedicate this post to my trendy, soul-sista Rachel and her fashionable ASU friends. ILY BABE (;
& thank you west coasties for bringing this trend South. Not only is this hair-do stylish, it is so care-free and effortless. And on top of that it is perfect for any occasion. REALLY believe me. It may feel weirding sporting this new hair trend out on the town, but you will fall in love!
Celebrities, style icons & the women of the cat-walk are trotting around in the half up top knot. It is a very day-to-night hair-do.
Sport the look at a more moderate level by wearing the knot/bun towards the crown of your head.
I love the top knot with dark roots and lighter locks.
You can't go wrong once you toss up your locks in a messy bun.
1) Gather hair in a half up half down position
2) Hair spray or add texture spray to hair on underside and on top for some lucious volume
3) Take your hair and twist it around into a little balleria bun
4) Take a hair tie and secure it on the crown or middle/top of your head.
5) Spread out hair with fingers (use bobby pins, if need for a more messy, thick look).