Hello & welcome all to the NEW Madisen on Madison blog!
Finally, the new MadisenonMadisen.com is here! I have been working on the launch of this new personal style & lifestyle blog all summer. It is finally ready!!
I hope you all enjoy the new look and name of my blog. I decided I was going to name the blog Madisen on Madison for a couple of reasons. I wanted a blog to be associated with my new home, NYC. Hints: Madisen ON Madison Ave, NYC’s premier shopping street. I also wanted a something other than just plain ole madisentheobald.com (which is still my portfolio site). So if you have any graphic design needs you can hit me up there or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is such a new chapter in my life that I wanted to mark it with something memorable and associated with my unique name! Thanks mom and dad for not making me another typical MadisOn with the “o.”
Thank you to all of my followers, family and friends for all your continued support and love through my new journey in NYC. Now, for a little update:
Summer 2016 has definitely been one of the greatest summers of my life so far. Sooo long story short...
- I started working for my dream company, Condé Nast, inside the gorgeous 1 World Trade Center
- I moved to my dream city, NYC
- I turned 22 on the exact day that I started my "big girl job"
- I am OFFICIALLY cut off by my parents... I am still working on this one (;
- I now live in a gorgeous NYC apartment overlooking the Hudson River
- I have sunbathed in Central Park more than I have sunbathed at the pool
- Almost mastered the subway system… just kidding
- Played in the sand and rode some roller coasters at Coney Island
- Taken happy hour yacht cruise down the Hudson to see The Statue of Liberty
- Learned that Sunday Brunch is a necessity
- Sipped on Rosé at the lavish Dream Hotel in the booming Meatpacking District
- Stayed out “clubbing” till 4:30am
- Fell in love with cycling… kinda. It is more like love/hate.
- Gone to a Yankees (my favorite team since grade school) and Mets game
- Spent way too much time at the beer garden under our apartment. Number 8 is our favorite beer.
- Made a ritual of wine and The Bachelorette Monday’s in our studio apartment with friends
- Became best friends with the guy who owns a pizza joint across the street because everyone knows my sick pizza obsession.
- Ate my very first mac-n-cheese burger at The Smith. It was as marvelous as it sounds.
- Enjoyed (a little too much) an open bar on the 4th of July
- Designed over 4 websites in just 2 months
- Last but not least, I was lucky enough to move in with the sweetest roomie in the entire world. We are seriously partners-in-crime. ILY Joanie! She wakes me up in the mornings when my alarm clock decides not to.
All in all, NYC has been treating me well. So much so, I can't see myself ever leaving.
People ask me all the time: How is NYC? Do you love it? My answer is not only do I love it, but it feels too good to be true. I feel like I am on a constant vacation. NYC is my very own staycation. I could not be more in love with this city!
To commence this new journey, I thought I would start fresh with a new summer to fall look. I asked one of my coolest photog friends to shoot my very first blog post for Madisen on Madison.
A big thank you to Logan Kirkland for capturing the most perfect blog debut photos.
Shop my look at the end of the post!
Photos by: Logan Kirkland
SHOP MY LOOK:
The Summer to Fall Transition - I can't wait to see all the fray and fringe pieces hitting the shopping scene this fall. The distressed, frayed look on hems will be the staple of this fall’s shift dresses and loose tops. I love this sassy cocktail dress by Je t’aime. I could dress it down with a black leather blazer or show off some shoulder for the end of summer. I added my favorite choker by Who What Wear. I currently am obsessed with this scarf-like choker. I love to switch it up. Sometimes I tie it in a knot and let it hang down my back or I tie it in a bow to hide the ends. There are so many ways you can wear it.
Watch: Kate Spade
Sunglasses: Cole Haan
Click on the ShopStyle photo below, scroll through to see similar outfit details.