It’s almost that time of year where we’re trading in our bikinis for backpacks, and tans for textbooks. That’s right, we’re going back to school; and these five trends will not only get you there in style, but will wash those Monday blues right away!
1. Hitting the snooze button a few times is a college student ritual which leaves little time left in the morning for adequate hair styling. Opt for a hat to cover up that pre 9am bed head so you can get to class on time, while still looking effortlessly chic.
2. Another trend to watch out for this fall is one shoulder tops. This trend is great for those weird transitioning months when you’re not sure if it’s hot or cold. Pair this look with some high waisted jeans and cool sneaks for when you’re running from class to class.
3. If you didn’t already know, Gucci loafers are huge this season. Dress them up, dress them down, with jeans or a pantsuit, the year-round shoes compliment every outfit and are suited to every occasion. But let’s be real, as college students we’re ballin on a budget.. So here’s some of my favorite alternative’s that don’t break the bank!
4. Reworked vintage is a new trend this fall and a fun DIY to do with your friends before the semester starts! So, find a pair of your mom’s old Levi’s and throw some patches on it, or cut up a vintage T and you will literally be the coolest kid in school.
5. It isn’t back to school without a statement bag, so ditch your boring black bag this season for a backpack with cool embellishments, texture or color. A statement bag can make even the simplest of outfits stand out!